Sunday 21 August 2011

My New Iphone 4 Casing

Finally after few days of working hard on it....
With my eyes nearly become crossed eyes..

My new Bling Bling Iphone 4 casing is done.

Frankly speaking, it is really a tough job for me. Concentration and trying to figure a way to complete it.
The hardest part is the Rilakuma. 3D surface is kind of hard. But doing myself can really save alot (if buy ready made at least cost S$60)... and is full of my patience and sweat.. Pheww...

I took some pictures of the process i made the casing.
Getting ready stuff to start deco
Things needed:
Cute Rilakuma doll
Iphone 4 casing
AB epoxy glue
Tweezers
1000pcs Champagne color
1000pcs Pink color
100pcs White color
10pcs Red Color
White pencil (this pencil is unique, just use to pick up the crystal)

I started off with doing the Rilakuma.. Seriouslly it need a lot of patience.
I start off from the center as i thought it will well define the shape.
And also those eyes and nose and pinkish year are the area that I start to stick on first.
 So here is my half way done stage...
Okay, it is rather hard to take the bling using camera... but i'm quite satisfy as it is my first attempt.
After the first day... my eyes is like seeing stars...

Making my vision super blurry. So if anyone want to make themselves, well i should say, no when to stop and take a rest.

Anyway just to show off my storage case where i keep all these beads, pearls and crystal.
My storage case
Nothing much in there. Basically i get for $2 from daiso. Maybe as i get more colors i need to think of better way to store my items.

Once I'm done with my dolly, it is time to get started with the phone casing. As it is using suction to stick on, I need to mark the area so that I will not over stick on to it.
Just press the doll on it and get a Sharpie pen or sharp pointed white board marker to mark it as follow photo.
Marking the area not to attach the crystal

A rough guide
Next I start spreading glue around the case and work from the outer.



And finally, with my hard work... i got repay with with cute nice case to be use.



Super love it. But the problem lies on... how am I going to protect my hard work???

Hmm... maybe I shall do a pouch for it.

Will blog about how i make a pouch once I complete it.

Oh ya.. before I forgotten, if u mind the marker ink... actually i use nail remover and the cotton bud to remove it. But do it carefully as it will dissolve the glue too.

2 comments:

  1. u are awesome lei!! nt made winnie the pooh mer??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your compliment... cos the pooh doll i see not nice, so never get pooh to do.

    ReplyDelete