Tuesday 9 August 2011

Happy 46th Birthday ! Majulah Singapore!

9th August mark our celebration for Singapore 46 years old Birthday.

A day that we shall reflect how our country grow from a small village till today a prosperous country.
I still remember the good old school days where all of us are excited.
Learning to sing those national day songs like:

Count on me Singapore... Count on me Singapore...
There was a time when people say that singapore won't did it.... but we did

Lots and lots of songs which as a student will need to learn and pratice to sing.... and every year there will be a new song that represent for national day.


This year is a song which is reflecting from past till now called "In a heartbeak"
and if you notice... this is a song also promote racial harmony, where be it what race you are, we are still able to live as one.

This year national day, I believe is also a memorable day for Mr Nathan.
Today, is his last time where he will be holding the title as President to be at NDP and review the parade.

Feel the touch, as he been service this country as President since 1999.
And today is our last chance to see him in NDP, waving his hand proudly to everyone.

Well... at the age of 87, i guess he need a rest.
Wish him all the best and good health.


NDP parade is a fun and exciting show... but too bad, I'm not the lucky one that is able to watch live at the floating stadium. :(  Hopefully next year i got the chance.

As a proud Singaporean, I join the pledge moment at 8plus.
the SCDF siren sound and I'm begin saying my pledge with my right hand on my chest saying out loud.

We, the citizens of Singapore,
pledge ourselves as one united people,
regardless of race, language or religion,
to build a democratic society
based on justice and equality
so as to achieve happiness, prosperity and
progress for our nation.

Well, eveything will come to an end. But our Singapore Spirit will be there.

Majulah Singapura
 



No comments:

Post a Comment