Sunday 14 August 2011

Lunar Seventh Month - Hungry Ghost Festival

It had been 2weeks since the start of Lunar Seventh Month.
A month that, timid me, also don't dare to stay out too late.. and ankle with bells will also be remove.
I just doesn't want something unwanted follow me home (sound scary right). Anyway, I'm not tell ghost story here.

Every year, when come to Lunar Seventh Month, our company will prepare and organise the whole employee for praying section. Who do we pray to?? Well, we Chinese believe is the other door open and those spirits, souls or so call "好兄弟" will come out and take a breathe.. wonder around.
Offerings will be made, lots of joss paper, joss sticks, roast pork, duck and chicken will be prepare.
Things that are been prepare
And all thanks to our organiser... that every year he will follow the tradition to prepare all the necessary stuff.
The Guru for this event
The Hills of Joss Paper
 All sort of "Hell Money" are been prepare for the wondering souls. I always think, do they really get the $$?? And looking at the pile of Joss Paper prepare.. will the Environmentalist hate us??


Food are also prepare to offer them.. And you could see we often prepare lots of flag. All these flags are like hotcake, once the ceremony over, we will snatch them to place at our own department. Hoping it will bring us good luck.

 And now, the ceremony begins and all employee start Queuing up to offer the Joss Stick.
Once everyone is done... we will wait for the auspicious timing before we bring the whole stack of "Hell Money" to be burn.
Why we burn?? In tradition, if we want to send anything to those in the other world, we need to burn the item and become ashes so that they are able to receive it.










Burning Chute
Amt of Joss Paper I manage to snatch over

 Sometimes I just feel, we are so smart.. even doing simple burning we use our logic thinking to spread the Joss Paper so that it can burn well instead all just simply dumping into the burning chute.
The heat from the chute is super hot but everyone still go ahead to complete burning whatever is on hand.
Once done... I will rush back to snatch the flags and see whether there is any lucky number for me to buy 4D.. (hehe.. hopefully i can win )
See the Lucky Number??



Lucky me.. I still manage to snatch 1 Flag for my department.
Hopefully will bring us Heng Heng through out the year.
See I only manage to get one piece, I need to find a good location within my department to spread the Aurora to everyone.
So.... hehe... Poor boss.. I can only choose your place. Cause it is right at the middle and everyone can sniff the "Good Luck"




















Anyway speak about seventh month, what I like most is that many places will be having "GeTai".
Love to hear them sing although it is a entertainment meant for the other world "friends" to hear.

And if the community is rather rich, good host like "Liu Ling Ling" will employ to make the crowd enjoy.
So just to share one of my favorite "Ge Tai" song "家后"
Super like this song as this song meaning is a about a girl after marriage, she love her husband and say to him that even when they come to old stage, she will still accompany him, patiently listen to his story about his young days despite she spend of her youth on him. And even if they are going to leave the world, she wish that he leave first, as she do not wish him to cry after seeing her gone. Super touching.. that why is one of my top Favorite list.

Haiz.. too bad "Ge Tai" always last one month. Once the other world door shut... all this wonderful even will only be able to see next year.

So now what i can do is, catch as many "Ge Tai" during this 1 month and enjoy while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment