Monday 15 August 2011

Dinner @ Hot Tomato

Okay, darling finally got time to bring me out this weekend. Although we did not go to town for shopping, at least he bring me to Causeway Point.. Ya, I know it sound boring. Staying in Woodland some more go to woodland shopping mall. But, Causeway Point to me now is like super fun place to go.
So many shops had reopen... finally lor. It been close for renovation for so long, even quite a few shops re-open earlier, it is still rather boring.

But today, I notice so many new faces of shop and restaurant here... Wow, only 1 week never shop there, so many shops open.
Watson, my favorite shop for toiletries is finally open @ B1... super happy for it, and it gets bigger with pharmacy counter available for us to buy prescribe medicine.
As usual, I would always start off from the top level down to bottom. Since it is evening, definitely will also look out for places to have dinner.
Food court to me is definitely no-no... cause I always complaint to darling that with this kind of food and price, i rather go eat Mcdonald. Cheaper some more.
Finally, Level 2 beside Metro caught my eyes. When is there restaurant open at this corner??
Beside Swensens, 2 other restaurant also join in. (Empire State and Hot Tomato).
Okay, sure must try so I set for Hot Tomato. Since the Tomato decoration look so nice. ( okay anyway I choose this restaurant is because the Q is one of the shortest)
So while Queuing we start to read our menu outside before the supervisor approach us for order even before we got a seat.
Sausage in the menu look yummy
Finally both of us settle for the main course we would like as I just had hard time making decision. So while waiting for our seat, what I can do is camwhore in the Q.

I'm trying to take the tomato divider but guess is too bright so I just make a cute face.
And less than 10minutes, we finally got a seat. I guess couple is much easier to find seat than those in groups of 4s. Anyway the seat we get is also not super fantastic, is just right at the entrance. Feel rather pressure as people keep walking in and out, as I like need to rush to complete my food so as not to keep occupy the table.
 I actually like restaurant with open concept kitchen. So I can see how clean they are and are they doing funny things inside. Also hopefully I can learn one or two skills by looking at the way they prepare food.

And best of all, I can see what are some of the ingredients they use to make this fantastic meal.
 Before we start starving, our soups and drinks are here.

At the same time I get darling to pose, giving him warning not to always give the same cheeky smiling face. So he give me this idiot face as follow:
Wondering is he trying to act like a ape?? Be one of the cast in "The Rise of the Planet of the Apes" .
And finally our main course is been served. Darling had the "Steak and Prawn" which stated "Must Try" in the menu.
As for me, super greedy and wish to try more variety, I got the "Mix Platter" which also stated "Must Try" in the menu. The dish is make up of pork chop, roast chicken and sausage.
I thought the meal was simply meat with maybe some fries to go along with it. But when it was been served, and I wanted to start eating, OMG it is serve with spaghetti. I definitely can't finish this whole plate of food.


But you know what the best things when you dine with your partner.... hehe...

Of it goes whatever I can't finish into his plate. The most only received grumble. Saying how greedy I am and always dump food to his plate. But I don't care. (* o ~)


So total damage for tonight dinner.....


S$38.60.... consider a reasonable price with the amount of food we have.
Will definitely come back again.

Okay, I'm going to sleep now, is 12.16am . Hopefully I'm manage to wake up for work..
Haiz.. hate Sunday end so fast.



No comments:

Post a Comment