Wednesday 14 September 2011

How to Cover Damage Laminate Drawer

My computer table due to wear and tear, especially my super itchy leg that keep rolling the computer chair to knock on the keyboard drawer.... outcome, the formica laminate for the keyboard drawer had peel off.
Super sad... :(
It really look ugly lor... Think! Think! Think! What should I do??
Throw away the keyboard drawer?? Hmmm.. don't think so. It is a built in one and look super ugly without it.

So finally when I go to Daiso for shopping, I found something that is able to solve my problem.
Ta dah...
The decorative sticker, and I choose a flora pink one. Isn't it nice??

So first of all, open up and measure the area to be cover. Draw lines on it, to prepare to cut out.

Upon cutting out, start from one edge to stick on it. Make a snip at the corner so that you are able to fold it in and make it as a perfect wrap.

 And if you notice the way I stick, I go all the way in, instead of leaving at the top edge. This is due to normally when a person keep taking things in and out, it tends to rub against it and I worry that it will start to peel the decorative sticker off.

So in just few minutes times, I had the damage area cover up with my favourite background as well.
See my end result. Does it look nice?

Another close up view to have a clearer picture on it.

Super like it as it brighten up my days. No more ugly drawer. Hmm... now I have balance decorative sticker, must think of what other items I can repair and redecorate it.

Okay time to sleep now... haiz.. two more days to go before weekend come.

No comments:

Post a Comment