Thursday 8 September 2011

Enjoying Nice Dinner recently.. Whooo

Recently darling had been bring me out to eat.....
If I craved for it... we just travel there, no cooking is needed for me or Tabao home... Woohooo.

Just to reflect what have I been eating recently..

Korean BBQ @ Nex
It was actually darling poly frzs gathering, and I'm actually there to join the crowd. Especially all along I would like to try the Korean BBQ buffet @ Nex.
Food wise was ok, love the chicken (already cooked), the korean ginseng chicken soup (only 1 serving per pax :( ..), pork belly and squid. Rest of the food... hmmm actually not bad la, like seoul garden but is much more fresher that what I can say. And also this Korean BBQ had more cooked food. So before I waited for darling to BBQ or have the food cook in the steamboat, at least I'm able to fill my hungry tummy.

Any this round I did not took much picture as I was busy eating all the way, so just a snapshot on how the environment look like.
Got Korean restuarnt feeling??
Didn't took pic, but Yenling did use her Polaroid to take some for us.




@ Chomp Chomp hawker

Craving for the fried hokkien prawn mee again, so i went to Chomp Chomp for dinner again.
Last blog I had mention abt it before. This time round I'm mainly there for the hokkien prawn mee and will be eat more of rubbish food... haha
In terms of rubbish food... meaning those small small snacks food la.
Like fried oyster omelette (蚝煎)
Super nice especially dip the chili
Popiah and Rojak

Nice popiah on the left... and Rojak on the right
 The popiah they made is really fantastic.. some of the people outside kind of don't know how to drain the water off the veg and make it super soggy when they wrap. But over here at Chomp Chomp the taste is just right with right amount of peanuts to let you have the crunchiness when biting it.

So how can I forget to order sugar cane juice to quench our thirst and this round I order a large plate of fired hokkien mee to share with Darling

Actually we did order another dish which is the BBQ chicken wing... didn't took the picture becos we waited super long and once it arrived, we start grabbing it to eat.

Chomp Chomp a good place to explore for local food at a reasonable price unlike newton circle.
Hope they are able to keep maintain this kind of price, but maybe they should increase the number of seats there. It just so hard to find a seat.


Astons @ Sembawang Shopping Center

I been passing by this place quite a few times but never enter to try till that day darling bring me in.
I always had the impression that this place food is expensive as it is selling quite nice beef.
Their daily special can have a nice grade waygu beef that cost $56 a plate.. and it always put at the entrance... so kind of don't feel like going in for a normal dinner.

But I am absolutely wrong. The price is very reasonable and portion is filling. All main dish come with 2 sides dishes of your choice. I'm a potato lover... which result I'm unable to decide which kind of side dish I should get... hmmm.. potato salad, bake potato, mash potato or fries?? And should I get some veges... like coleslaw, garden vege or I should get onion ring?? Okay I'm super indecisive.
And finally come to a decision to make order after 5 or 10mins time.

Candid shot of darling serving me drinks

Scenery outside the restuarant

That is how the place look like
And not very long... our meal is been served.

Prime Sirloin Steak with potato salads and fries is what I ge for my dinner.
Cook it to medium-well done so that I'm able to share with darling. Otherwise I definitely go for medium done.. Cos I love how the blood ooze out when I cut... haha... okay.. I know I sound evil.. But it taste good when beef is not that well done. To maintain the tender.

Anyway Medium-well is still okay for me... the chargrill sauce on it is fantastic and I really wish to go for another slice of steak... yummy.
And my beloved potato salad... wish they give me more.

What darling order is a double chicken... which mean two slice of chicken and we can have different sauce. So we go for the Char grill which is their in house speciality and the all times favorite Hickory BBQ sauce.

It comes with Coleslaw... which earlier I thought of having some veg and Onion Ring.

Frankly speaking, it really fill you up.. I nearly wanted to order the soup but lucky i hesitated.

So guess... what is the damage to our pocket???
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Total is $28.40... isnt that cheap... and if you look carefully at our bill... there is no 10% service charge.

So while darling paying bill... my job now is camwhore.





Seriously speaking.. I will definitely come back to Astons for dinner again..

Okay.. shall stop blogging now and get back to work.


No comments:

Post a Comment