Tuesday 26 July 2011

Weekend is all about Eat and Shop

Love this Sunday.
Cause I be looking for the travel fair at Suntec Convention Center.

And before that, I had decide to invite Agnes and Shyling over to my place for lunch.
Well it was my first time inviting people over to my place after I married, and I ought to make something nice (or should say edible).
Well, simple and fast cooking is to make Risotto and Mushroom Potato soup.
And I'm well prepare to mess up my kitchen.

How I made Risotto:

Ingredient

Butter
Chicken Stock - 6 cup
Rice - 2cups
Chicken slice - 200gm
Hot dog - 2 sticks and slice
Shitake - hmm i get about 6 pieces and slice
Tomato - I use one as i want it to be more colorful
Wine - 1 tablespoon (anything la.. i use rice wine.. some people use shao xing jiu, some use white wine)
3cloves of garlic

Overview of the items
My practice is to prepare all the ingredient nicely and set aside.

Poor mushroom, stem got chop off by me... some people feel i'm rather wasteful in food... but does anyone eat the stem??


OK now is my favorite time... start frying.
A slat of butter down the pan.

Is kind of sinful to see the amount of butter i use.. but it really smell good especially i fried the garlic.

And finally throw in all the ingredient except rice in to stir fry.
Once down, set aside.

And finally time to fry the rice with butter till it is evenly coated with butter.
And finally.. add in the chicken stock slowly till it cover the rice and wait for it to be cook.
Chicken stock to be re-add once you see it is about to dry.

Stop adding once the rice is completely cook and mix the earlier ingredient in, to mix again... and tada...
there you have your Risotto.

How I made Mushroom Potato Soup:

Ingredient

Shitake -( i put about 5 pieces... remember to cube it / mince it)
Potato - 4 small baby wash potato, cube it
Water - 1n half can
Most Important Campell Mushroom Potage
This is the most simple... all you need to do, just throw everything into the pot and stir till the potato soften.

Well with this 2 dishes, we quickly enjoy our lunch before we set off to suntec.
And it's like, i been ages never took a MRT to town... super excited lor.

So dress up in casual wear... off we gooooooooooo.



Me, Agnes & Shyling Camwhoring
More than 4 stops... no place to sit... what can we do???
Camwhore time.

Ok i know is damn blur.... that stupid MRT just keep shaking... and i can't hold my iphone firmly.

Haha... consider a better shot rite... even thought it is a bit blur.
But seriously i love the pic...both of us look so sweet in it.
Finally we reach city hall station. They were quite piss that we need to walk so far to suntec... but i hack care.... It is so rare i can take a train to town and hopping around to window shop.

It is like more than 1~2 years i never walk through city link mall... and the shops there is somehow super new to me. Can't believe it had change so much.
I'm like a tourist and suddenly... something attracted me.

Mr Hershey... i definitely must take a photo with it.

When did it ever open a Hershey shop here?? Wow... loves chocolate. everything is so cute and nice in it.

I wish to bring home the hershey kiss coin bank... but just worry Alan will go crazy.
So i only can took a pic as memories.

With so many wow thing to see... we finally reach suntec city for the travel fair.
It is really crowded lor, thought only ASA will be having the fair here... in the end saw another 2 other travel agency.

Singaporean seems like very rich despite keep complaining they are unable to keep up with inflation.
Can you imagine with so many counter, yet you still need to Q for enquires like more than 10 groups  in front??
Especially those Long Haul flight.... haiz...

Really hard to decide to go to which country... taiwan, korea or Japan???

In the end we just took the brochure and end up shopping at Marina Square. (Ladies always not focus on what they initially plan).

Anyway still enjoyable... as I love going out with Agnes and Shyling to craps..

No comments:

Post a Comment