Sunday 10 July 2011

Settling Family meal in fast and Cheap ways

Well... I'm working full time, and my part time job is been a housewife.
Although my working hour is 8 to 5.30pm there are times where i need to work late.

It is really sick of my life if i need to rush home and prepare dinner for the family. Nowadays TaBao outside for normal economic rice will cost you $3 ~ $3.50 a pack for nothing much. And to cater for the whole family of 3~4 person will simply cost you $12.

So here are some of my ways to save money:
#1
Usually for weekend i will do my own cooking. A bag of Vege (Xiao Bai Cai) cost me $1.00. Buy a bag of Frozen mince pork.. max $5.50 for 500g.. and i usually cook 250g for one meal.. and i love to steam it with egg to as it is more healthier and taste now. Now you can just cook 2~3 cups of rice that the most cost you $1.00. Which mean one meal for 4pax the most will cost you $6. See how much u save.

#2
If today i am super lazy and dont wish to cook... Just go down to your coffeeshop and tell the economic rice uncle you want Ta Bao the dishes dont want rice. A meal for 4 having 4 different dishes the most cost you about $9 and when you reach home... just cook the rice.. Well able to to see how much you save.. at least $2

#3
Want something different... just get to cold storage by their bbq chicken.. Family size at offer will cost you $10.99 and what you need to do... bring the chicken home and cook your own rice... in a weekend mood..
I sometime will get take home pack Yami Yogurt @$8.. see a meal less than $20 will give you a nice meal with dessert...

For me as a super aunty.. when i get to the supermarket... when there is offer for some product, i will buy and store it. Like pizza... frozen pork.. frozen prawn etc... Usually those stuff that you know you will consume.. and that is how i do my small saving.

Especially i like to eat junk food.. pizza is always in my fridge. I usually bought those NTUC pizza... and i will top up with hotdog and those normal cheese before putting it to bake in the oven..

Well, I think i always had brilliant ideas flowing into my mind to make a yummy meal to pamper myself.

Working hard to be a good part-time house wife

No comments:

Post a Comment