Thursday 29 September 2016

One of the Best Ramen in Tokyo - 一蘭拉面

There are many ramen shops in Tokyo.
During my trip in Tokyo, I had been hopping from one shop to another to try the ramen. Many have their special unique broth which almost all I feel tasty.

But there is one particular shop that I love the most which is Ichiran Ramen  一蘭拉面
The Famous Ramen Shop logo ( obtain from their website)

This is a chain restaurant, where you can easily find at most of the town in Tokyo.
The one that I often visit is near Shinjuku Station.( Just our of the central east exit not far you will see it)
In the evening, the que will be rather long, and I once stand outside in the rain for more than half an hour. So can you imagine how delicious it is?

There is not much choice for you as they focus on their Tonkusu Broth ( Pork-based). Select the amount that you would like to have, with or without egg.

Purchase a ticket from the vending machine on your menu choice, after which you would wait for your seat.

While waiting, the server will pass us a paper for us to customise our ramen based on the following:
Noodle texture: Normal, Hard, Soft
Garlic: 1, 2 , 3.....
Spicy level: 1/2, 1, 2, 3 or XXX ( Usually I thought Japanese food is not spicy, so the first time i input as level 2 while my hubby who loves spicy choose level 3. The cook had double confirm with us of our choice, and been very proud, we say yes. OMG, when it really come, it is really burning hot)
and many other for top-up as well.

For the privacy of each customer, the ramen restaurant is built in cubicle style where there is a small partition for every seat. People that went there just concentrate on the Ramen, finish and go. So if you are a big crowd and wanted to relax and chit chat there, sorry this is not the place for you.



So here is how is my delicious Ramen.



Once you complete the noodle and broth you will see their logo at the bottom of the bowl.
But most of the time, I can't really finish the soup as this portion seems to be too large for ladies.


So next time if you happen to see Ichiran Ramen, I highly recommend you to give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment