Monday 7 November 2011

DIY a simple Luggage tag

Going for a holiday in two days time and realise that I don't have a luggage tag.
It seems like a small matter, but it is always good to have one, just in case it is lost at the airport the people will be able to give you a call, or to many people, is a better way to recognise their own luggage in case taking the wrong one when it come out from the conveyor belt.

Nevertheless, mine shouldn't be an big issue as I got a super pinkish luggage. But I still did a quick DIY for the luggage tag.

All I need is two piece of felt cloth, something to decorate, ribbon and thread & needle/sewing machine.


The ribbon that show above is similar to the one that I show in my previous blog, except I don't stuff things inside. You may click here for instruction.

I choose red felt cloth because I want something that easily catches my eyes, and using the ribbon as decoration to give an extra sweet and cuteness.

So now pick up one piece of the felt cloth, fold twice to get as follow picture.

Then cut at the corner area to the design that you would like to have so that the center is a hole just like the following:

Now sew the 2 pieces together. I use the sewing machine with zigzag so that it is able to act as a decoration as well. Also, I snip of the 2 corner at the top to give a rounder look. You may opt not to do that or even more curvy to add as detail too.

If you had notice, I do not sew on the top part. This is to have an opening so that you are able to slot in the card of your details.

Next I position the ribbon, decide where to sew on it. Make sure when you sew, you only pick up one piece of felt cloth to sew on it.

Finally, measure the ribbon length that is long enough for the tag to go through. You don't want end up squeeze it through when tying on the luggage.

With the spare red felt I had cut out earlier, I cut a small piece so that I'm able to sew the ribbon together and secure it as follow:

And the end result you will get is as follow:



Now what you need to do now, is find a piece of blank cardboard and write down your details and finish it off by tying onto the luggage.

Hooray... I'm all set to travel to Taiwan coming Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment