Monday 6 June 2011

Making Rice Dumpling

Not sure why... suddenly feel like making rice dumpling.

So my poor mummy had me pester for the whole week to teach me.
I ever requested her once, but she feel i'm the devil that will cause a whole mess in her kitchen.
Netherless, this year she had agreed to teach me, as she felt that i should start making for my family since i had married.
Well.. it is definitely exciting for me.
 With my intelligent mind...i feel it should be a small case for me. ( haha cross my finger)

Of cause this time round my main focus was at wrapping the rice dumpling.
Mummy had prepare all the ingredient... all i need is just to dirty my hand and wrap it up.

粽子叶
First is the leaves aka 粽子叶... which i understand need to be cook and soak to soften it before i can use. Then stack 2 pc together where there is a hairy touch one facing outside to make a cone shape for putting the rice and meat. 

Had been trying to stuff as much as my hand can hold... but some how mummy say my dumpling is like the mini version... wasting her leaves and rice.
Especially i left over a lot of meats after using up all the rice to wrap it.



The rice is still uncook

Next is trying to make the shape out. Which i really practice hard on it. And finally i did it... whoo hoo.

But to me, the hardest part is tying the stupid dumpling up. Using all my strength to tie it up... but less than half an hour.. "Thump! Thump! Thump!"...Shit......... 3 rice dumpling just fall on the floor opening up.

I'm going to get nagging from mummy... Damn it... i already use my mightly strength to tie it firmly how dare it fall. OMG mummy come check how am i doing and notice it... super no face lor.
especially she see the way i tied it up... and say no wonder it will drop... arrghhhhhhhhh.

Okay Okay... i know that i had use all my heart to learn.. well i'm trying to learn how to tie again.

And finally... ta ta.... finally complete 2 bunch of mini rice dumpling...
My Finish Product

My Virgin Master Piece

Super satisfy with my master piece... with 2 hour of boiling i be able to eat it. ( chirping like a bird)

Yummy.. love the rice dumpling i made... Only my stupid hubby spoil my mood by saying my dumpling is so small and no meat... he clever he come do la :(

I'm going to punish him for saying so hurtful words to me... hehe.
Going to make him bring the dumpling to work n eat everyday. HAHA

No comments:

Post a Comment